Brown rice is whole grain rice. It is more nutritious than white rice. It is loaded with powerful antioxidants which provide relief from a range of ailments such as hypertension, unhealthy levels of cholesterol, stress, mental depression and skin disorders. High nutritional content in brown rice effective in various medical conditions such as cancer, obesity, diabetes, neurodegenerative disorders and insomnia. Below are healthy benefits of brown rice.
- Bone Health: Brown Rice is helpful in the maintenance of healthy bones. It is rich in magnesium which along calcium provides the bones their physical structure. Magnesium-rich brown rice prevents bones and it is beneficial for medical conditions such as arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Lower Cholesterol: Brown rice is an excellent source of soluble fiber, which helps to lower levels of ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol in the blood. The oil present in brown rice help to lower harmful cholesterol and blood pressure. At the same time, a diet high in whole grains can increase the level of HDL cholesterol.
- Boost Immunity System: Brown rice is loaded with significant quantities of vitamins, minerals and essential phenolic components which help boost the immune system of the body. It nourishes the body, accelerates healing and enhances its ability to fight infections.
- Weight Loss: Brown rice is the perfect food for weight loss because it is low in calories and high in fiber, which means that it makes you feel full faster and keeps you full as longer. High intake of dietary fiber from whole grains reduces the risk of weight gain.
- Diabetes: Brown rice helps to regulate blood sugar levels; therefore, it’s an excellent food choice for those suffering from diabetes. Eating at least 50 grams of brown rice a day, the risk of type 2 diabetes can be lowered by 16 percent.
- Prevents Cancer: Brown rice is helpful in the prevention of various cancers such as colon cancer, breast cancer and leukemia. Brown rice contain antioxidants and high fiber that is beneficial to prevent cancer.