Diwali is one of the most vibrant and joyous festivals of our country. It is the time when we clean every corner of our home to give it a fresh and bright look with fancy decorations such as Diyas, candles, rangoli, flowers, Door-Hangings, Idols of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Laxmi and lots more. Here are some ideas that can help you decorate your house this Diwali.
- Cleaning is an important part of Diwali decoration as Lakshmi, the goddess of prosperity brings her blessings to houses that are clean and comfortable. So clean every corner of your home and also clean your old and dusty furniture, remove spider webs from every corner of your home, clean the ceilings, electrical fittings such as air conditioners, wall lights, ceiling fans, floors etc. to get a complete clean look.
- Decorate your wall with beautiful hangings, colorful fabrics and ribbons. You can also use your old clothes such as Saris, Dupattas to make a trendy curtain.
- Decorate the main entrances of your home hang Torans, Door Hangings at the main entrance and the door of the worship(pooja) room. You can hang little bells, artificial flowers, or handmade door hangings made up of craft papers and other decorative items on your doors to welcome your guests.
- Decorate the entrance of your home with beautiful Rangoli made up of rangoli colors, colored chalk, flower petal and crushed limestone’s to enhance the beauty of your home on Diwali. You can make the symbols of Swastikaa, lighted Deepak, Kalash, Peacock, flower patterns, small footprints coming into the hom and Kalash and many more according to your creativity and ingredients. To add more beauty in your Rangolis place diyas and candles at certain positions.
- Diwali is the festival of lights so decorate your home with lots of light. Try to use lots of diyas and candles instead of electronic lights. You can buy these diyas and candles and paint them yourself to add your personal touch. Place them in different spots in your house especially in the dark corners of the house.
- Decorate the puja room or place with idols of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Laxmi. Use Fresh flowers such as Marigold, rose, orchids in Puja room decoration.